The 114th Economic Research Institute (hereinafter referred to as “The Institute”) believes that the proper handling and protection of personal information is fundamental to The Institute’s business activities. In handling personal information, The Institute shall comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and this Policy. Personal information shall mean the following information concerning a living individual.
- Information that can identify an individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc., contained in such information
- Information that contains a personal identification code (personal information that includes a personal number (“Specified Personal Information”) also falls under this category).
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Institute shall acquire personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
For example, The Institute may acquire personal information from the following sources
- Examples of information sources
- Information provided directly by a customer through a document to be filled out and submitted by the customer, such as an application form for membership or an application form for a lecture (submission of a document such as an application form by the customer, data input into a screen such as the web by the customer, etc.)
- When personal information is obtained in connection with surveys or research conducted by the Institute, including questionnaires and interviews.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
The Institute shall specify the purpose of use of the personal information it acquires so that the purpose of use is clear to the customer and inform the customer of the purpose of use, and shall make efforts to limit the purpose of use depending on the circumstances of acquisition, for example, when responding to various questionnaires, the Institute shall use the personal information only for the purpose of tabulating the questionnaire.
(1) Purpose of use of personal information
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003), the Institute shall handle customers’ personal information (excluding specified personal information) to the extent necessary for the following operations and to achieve the purposes of use.
- Business Activities
- Research and study of local economy, industry, regional trends, etc., and collection and provision of data, information, etc.
- Publication of publications such as journals
- Holding various lectures, seminars, research meetings, etc., and accepting orders for, and cooperating with, surveys and research, etc., and dispatching lecturers
- Intermediation of correspondence courses, and browsing and lending of books and other materials
- Other activities necessary to accomplish the aforementioned activities (including activities to be implemented in the future)
- Purpose of use
- To accept applications for membership, lectures, and other services provided by the Institute
- To conduct surveys and research through questionnaires and data analysis
- To enhance the content of publications, such as journals, and to ensure prompt delivery
- To enhance the content and smooth operation of various lectures, seminars, workshops, dispatch of lecturers, etc.
- To properly carry out the entrusted work in cases where all or part of the processing of personal information is entrusted to us by other businesses, etc.
- To exercise rights or fulfill obligations under contracts, laws and regulations, etc.
- To make various proposals regarding the Institute’s business and services via the Internet, direct mail, telephone, etc.
- To make various proposals regarding products and services of partner companies, etc.
- To terminate various transactions and to perform post-transaction management after the termination of transactions
- To manage and administer our membership system
- To appropriately and smoothly execute other transactions with customers.
(2) Purpose of Use of Specified Personal Information
Pursuant to the Act on the Use of Personal Numbers to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures (Act No. 27 of 2013), etc., the Institute shall use personal information including personal numbers (specified personal information) in the preparation of payment records and other statutory documents required by law.
The Institute may use or provide personal information to a third party for purposes other than those described above when it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and when the consent of the customer is obtained or when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
3. handling of personal information
The Institute shall handle the acquired personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use as notified in accordance with laws and regulations.
The Institute shall cease to use personal information for the purpose of sending direct mailings or telephone solicitations, etc. if the person requests the Institute to cease such use.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Institute shall not disclose or provide personal information obtained by the Institute to any third party, except with the consent of the customer. However, the Institute shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of the relevant affairs.
5. security management of personal information
The Institute shall take appropriate and reasonable security control measures to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information. In the event that the Institute outsources the handling of personal information, the Institute shall supervise the outsourcing to ensure that the personal information of customers is securely managed.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
If the Institute receives a request for disclosure, etc. of retained personal data concerning a customer, the Institute shall respond to such request in good faith in accordance with laws and regulations.
7. Continuous Improvement of Handling of Personal Information
The Institute shall strive to continuously improve and enhance its handling of personal information. Accordingly, please be advised that this Policy is subject to change without notice.
For inquiries regarding the Firm’s handling of personal information, please contact the following
The Hyakujushi Bank Annex, 4F, 5-1 Kamei-cho, Takamatsu City, Kagawa Prefecture, 760-0050, Japan
Hyakujushi Keizai Kenkyusho (The Hyakujushi Economic Research Institute)
This website uses Google Analytics, an access analysis tool provided by Google.